Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Superbowl Tuesday!> Expated

I am now returning from a self imposed media black out. It was midnight on Sunday and I had just gotten off a shift patrolling the Andel mall, telling punk kids not to loiter. I was torn between getting some sleep or going to a sports bar and watching the Super Bowl. Of course it isn't that simple. All of the tables in the bar had been booked and apparently they were also charging an admission fee to get in. I had watched most of the playoffs, but I just couldn't convince myself it would be worthwhile getting to sleep at 5 AM just to watch the game. Such is watching sports in the wrong time zone.
So instead I waited for a torrent of the game to be posted online, avoiding all media content not to spoil the surprise of who won. Somebody finally posted it at 3:30 PM my time, 9:30 EST and I began the 12 hour download of the taped broadcast. This morning I woke up early and watched Pittsburgh have the better luck and win a game where both teams were equally shaky. In the end, I truly believe it won't be the weather, work, politics, language barriers, cultural differences or women that cause me to move back to the states. It will be American sports. Or, I guess could learn to enjoy soccer. (Shudder)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


create your own visited country map
LarryB's Europe travel map. Click this link to create your personalized map of europe