Thursday, January 19, 2006

Bum Stank> Expated

Last night I went to a friend's house to watch the World According to Garp, an OK effort by one of my favorite directors, George Roy Hill. I don't really enjoy the feeling of impending doom in a movie. You know, when you are just waiting for something bad to happen to the characters. I know it creates tension and plot development, but I prefer these things to come out of nowhere instead of the standard cliches that usually set it up.
When I left the sidewalk had iced over so it was a slippery walk across to the closest tram stop. Once I got on I was greeted with the stench of what could be described as a soiled diaper filled with Indian food. Yes, the dreaded defrosting homeless person. They ride the tram's all day to keep warm. The seats have these heating vents under them which just amplifies the sensation of being in a tight space with someone who hasn't showered in a very long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


create your own visited country map
LarryB's Europe travel map. Click this link to create your personalized map of europe