Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Cambridge> Travels

Yesterday I was hit pretty hard by a cold that can be described as ebola without the internal bleeding. Despite that, today I walked around in a semi-conscious daze, visiting the various colleges (Kind of like institutionalized frats.
Think Harry Potter). They were all closed to visitors because of testing in progress, but I had my friend Pedro´s ID card so I was able to go where I pleased. The architecture here is pretty amazing. I was actually here in 2003, right when I started consulting, but my memory isn´t too good ever since those motercycle/boating/elevator/soft shelled clam accidents.
I took a pre-dinner nap at Pedro´s and then watched him play in his inter-college series ultimate game. After that I rushed to a formal dinner that Pedro had tickets to but could not go do to due to his double secret girlfriend´s knee issues. I was the last person to show up and I didn´t know any of the 80 post grad student in attendance so I had to wander around the room for a while looking for a seat. Speaking of the room, it was in the oldest building in all of Cambridge, built sometime in the 1100´s as a nunery. I met some nice people who knew Pedro and had lovely dinner conversation. I was going to pretend that I was a taxidermist, but one of the nice people happened to be a zoologist so I have a feeling it would have been hard to pull off.

2 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger Claire said...

Larry, you have no idea how actually difficult it is to pass as a taxidermist. I think you did the right thing by leaving it for a better time, like when you are on the Trans-siberian.

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


create your own visited country map
LarryB's Europe travel map. Click this link to create your personalized map of europe